SELLING YOUR HOME IS BIG COMMITMENT
WE WANT TO HELP
We know how hectic life can get, so don’t worry if you can’t come into the office to start your search. Our website’s search feature automatically locates and collects the best properties in Beaufort County and several surrounding areas. You can create customized searches at any time of day or night to view properties, including our newly listed homes. When you see something you like, give us a call or an email and we can set up a tour.
OUR SELLING PROCESS
Analyzing Strengths & Weaknesses:
Every home has unique strengths and weaknesses. During our walkthrough tour of your home, it’s important to try to disassociate yourself from the fond memories of your home and be as objective as possible about your home’s current state. Ultimately our goal is to leverage all of the positive aspects and address the challenges in a way that will entice buyers.
Things we keep in mind when pricing homes include:
- Location and neighborhood desirability
- Curb appeal and landscaping
- Condition of major home components, including roof, foundation, windows, heating and ventilation, plumbing, electrical, and flooring.
- Floor plan popularity
- The “dated” factor (i.e. kitchen, bathrooms, etc.)
- “Move-in” readiness
Preparing your home for market
After we’ve worked with you to analyze your home’s strengths and weaknesses, the next step is preparing your home for market. Even a little time spent preparing your home or property for market can significantly increases the chance of it selling in a timely manner and at an optimum price. Showcasing your home in move-in condition, coupled with effective staging, will enable buyers to envision themselves living happily in your space.
CRES will provide you with an action plan with our recommendations on the following areas:
- Which pre-listing inspections are needed
- Important repairs and general improvements
- Simple solutions for “de-cluttering and depersonalizing” (minimizing excessive furnishings and personal items to improve the look and flow of the home)
- Easy but effective landscape improvements – even small changes to curb appeal can make a large impact on your final sale price.
Determining a fair market price for your home is essential to a timely sale. Analyzing your home and determining how you will prep your home for market factor in to the final price determination, as does the local market activity in your neighborhood. When it’s time to determine the asking price for your home or property, CRES will provide you with a detailed Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) which includes the following:
- Active, pending, and sold properties within your immediate neighborhood
- A sample subset of properties that are the most reflective of your home
- Neighborhood specific trends
- A market value range
- A suggested list price
- Average price per square foot
- List price vs. sales price in your area
The team at Coastal Real Estate Solutions really did an amazing job helping us find the perfect home. We were thrilled to see how attentive they were to each request. And yes, they found the perfect home for us. Truly a wonderful experience all around. Would highly recommend this team if you are buying a home in the Beaufort area.
Joe and Cindy, Beaufort Homeowners